Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On who I am

I feel different ways about the exact same thing (maybe its my understanding of things?) in other words, I might say that what I think isn't me, but I also understand that it is me in a sense. theres really no way to classify and quantify everything, as much as i try to put myself into a box and say 'this is who I am'. so my thoughts are me and they are not me... theres the insanity that makes sense.

Who am I? I still ask myself this simple but never-ending question. I think it helps to allow me to continue to think about it and understand my world, and my place in it. I realized that I am a never-ending being, who although am encased in a mortal shell, the shell is not me. At death I am still me with or without my body, even though my body will be perfected and restored, the me in I is my spirit.

As soon as I realized that I am eternal and reaffirmed that to myself, I knew that no matter what happened to me in life that it couldn't hurt me, I was free from the worry of death and all the things of this world. I work for the benefit of others after I am gone, so that they will benefit from my work.

Who I am is restraint. If I didn't have some restraint in what I say and do and even think, then I would be a completely different person and would not be here where I am today. The REAL me is who I want to be and not always who I am today. Actually the real me is what I do and think and feel each day, good and bad, and I'm ok with that. I still love who I am and the God who created me. I know God loves you and I even with all of the crap that we give Him, and the crap we put ourselves through. Amazing. I realized a while ago, that there truly was nothing that I could do, or fail to do, that would lose the love of God to me. Sure I live with consequences of my actions, but God will still love me through all of it.

No comments: