Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On why we think what we think

I listened as a colleague spoke of another co-worker in one fashion, then when he spoke with our supervisor, he had a different tone, used different words to describe a situation, which in turn influenced the way the boss felt within himself towards this co-worker. I see that we are all influenced by others around us and what we hear and perceive effects how we act and think, even subconsciously.
I would like to be stalwart and immovable in my convictions uninfluenced by other people’s decisions and ideas, but when I see people who are of this ideology, I see that their stout stance has blinded them to the limitless possibilities they have.
Things that we can't control, we either run away from or face and fix. The problem is that sometimes most of the time we don't understand why we are feeling the way that we are feeling. Understanding why is a key though to unlocking and facing all of our problems in life. I don’t meditate enough. Therein lies one of the best answering devices God gave us, to look within.

No comments: